20 years ago I used to love painting "little metal men" and playing the very first edition of what was to become the hugely successful Warhammer 40K game, so recently I decided to revisit my youth. So far this has consisted of going out and buying some minis, and then wonderful-wife going out and buying ALL THE MINIS IN THE WORLD, and a selection of paints and brushes. With a couple of hours each weekend to paint them, this is going to take a while. There they sit in the corner now... looking at me... judging me... Anyway, one thing that I've found motivational is the wealth of pictures and "how to" guides on other painters' blogs, so I decided to post some of my own humble efforts here. Hope you like 'em.

Friday 2 July 2010

Waaaaaaagh!

...ahem.

Right then - some proper progress now with our greenskinned friends - I've finally finished all the orks from the Black Reach set, just the Deffkoptas to do now.


Realm of Battle board is also continuing apace, although a word to the wise: I thought it might be a good idea to get the scenery painting set, and then intended to use the brown basecoat with my spray gun (generic bottom fed external mix gun), but I found that the paint, even when very dilute, quickly clogged the nozzle - much worse than standard paints. In the end I just went with the big "wall painting" brush that they give you in the set and that worked just fine. Going to have to spend a while cleaning that spray gun now - grrrr.


Anyway, without further ado - here are the Black Reach orks in all their glory - as usual, comments / suggestions very welcome:


Warboss:


The whole gang (click to embiggen):


Nobz:

Nearly finished the Eagle Warriors tactical squad too, so I'll post these hopefully next week, but painting time will be limited this weekend as we'll be in the Lake District walking about with the doggies. Have a good week folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment