20 years ago I used to love painting "little metal men" and playing the very first edition of what was to become the hugely successful Warhammer 40K game, so recently I decided to revisit my youth. So far this has consisted of going out and buying some minis, and then wonderful-wife going out and buying ALL THE MINIS IN THE WORLD, and a selection of paints and brushes. With a couple of hours each weekend to paint them, this is going to take a while. There they sit in the corner now... looking at me... judging me... Anyway, one thing that I've found motivational is the wealth of pictures and "how to" guides on other painters' blogs, so I decided to post some of my own humble efforts here. Hope you like 'em.

Monday 3 September 2012

Dark Vengeance is mine!

Had to spring for the limited edition because I'm a sucker for cool-looking chaplains...



I think the new allied unit rules in 6th ed are an excellent idea. It's not like you couldn't just do this sort of thing before anyway if you liked (and your opponent agreed), but having it codified really does give you a nudge towards adding a little variety to your painting. It's also well-timed as now the Dark Angels minis in the Dark Vengeance set are fine to add to my existing marine army, and there's no reason why the Chaos element couldn't work as somewhat uneasy allies of my Orks. Vive la difference and all that (unless you play 'Nids I guess).

I've read varying reviews about the Hellbrute - I think it looks superbly chaos-y.

It's all being kept until Christmas now though, because there's PLENTY on the painting list to do yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment