20 years ago I used to love painting "little metal men" and playing the very first edition of what was to become the hugely successful Warhammer 40K game, so recently I decided to revisit my youth. So far this has consisted of going out and buying some minis, and then wonderful-wife going out and buying ALL THE MINIS IN THE WORLD, and a selection of paints and brushes. With a couple of hours each weekend to paint them, this is going to take a while. There they sit in the corner now... looking at me... judging me... Anyway, one thing that I've found motivational is the wealth of pictures and "how to" guides on other painters' blogs, so I decided to post some of my own humble efforts here. Hope you like 'em.

Sunday 6 May 2012

My first commission!

I've been toying with doing some commission work for ages now but never had the time. My mate Kev loves all things Lord of the Rings related and asked me to do this one for him so that has provided a great chance to get started - so here's my first non-40K mini for many years - Gimli taking a rest on a dead Uruk-Hai:


..and here's the back:


The base supplied with this is far to small and not appropriate for the size of the mini, so I had to find a decent 40mm base and add some simple slate scenery. I really enjoyed doing this one, so I might start putting a few on eBay perhaps.

2 comments:

  1. Well done! nicely detailed work, so whats next, a WHFB army?? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mate :o) Really enjoyed painting something different, so maybe!

    ReplyDelete