20 years ago I used to love painting "little metal men" and playing the very first edition of what was to become the hugely successful Warhammer 40K game, so recently I decided to revisit my youth. So far this has consisted of going out and buying some minis, and then wonderful-wife going out and buying ALL THE MINIS IN THE WORLD, and a selection of paints and brushes. With a couple of hours each weekend to paint them, this is going to take a while. There they sit in the corner now... looking at me... judging me... Anyway, one thing that I've found motivational is the wealth of pictures and "how to" guides on other painters' blogs, so I decided to post some of my own humble efforts here. Hope you like 'em.

Sunday 1 May 2011

Oh. My. Godhammer...

Here she is then - the latest addition to the Eagle Warriors force - the mighty Land Raider. Got a chance to do some painting over Easter and wow, does this beast take a lot of painting! - felt like I was working on this forever and I'm still not happy with it.




 The Eagle Warriors insignia was done by making a paper stencil, airbrushing in a light blue impression as a marker, then freehanding darker blue over the top - maybe a bit of touching up still required. Below is a pic of the stencil I made:



...and here's the Eagle Warriors gang as they currently stand:


Will post some better pics when I've got a mo! Keep rollin' them sixes folks.

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. More troops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! - yes, more troops, I hear you. Got another tactical squad, a devastator squad, and some bikes on the list for the next round of painting (oh, and a Chaplain that's been sat on the painting table for nearly 6 months) - should keep me busy for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete